Friday, October 26, 2007

What Now?

Okay, this is the point where I should be figuring out where my life is headed and, you know, WHAT the hell I'm going to do now. Just to offer a little background info....

I was married at the age of 19, a mere baby now that I look back on it all. The past 12 years have been spent being a wife and mother....oh yeah, I had three kids along the way. We've lived in different states over the years, all of them far from where I grew up. Being a wife and mother has been my sole existence for my entire adult life. Mindy was left behind years ago and traded in for either Mrs. McKranky or Lil McKranky's Mom.

Fast forward to the present....

Now, I find myself back in my hometown (which I ran from years ago) living with my mom, step-dad and my three children. I'm going through a divorce, trying to find a job that doesn't involve childcare, and plotting my escape from this house. All of a sudden, I'm just Mindy, the person who disappeared. Mindy scares me to no end! Who is this person? Will she be strong enough to get through all of this and find her own way? What will she be when she grows up? These are the questions that I wrestle with daily, and if you stick around, you may just see how the story ends.

No comments: